PHP Links Overview
Price is only $99. You may download and try before you buy. Non-commercial sites (no ads, no paid listings) may use it for free! There are no support included in the free version though. Ask any question in the new forum.
PHP Links 1 meets a demand DeltaScripts had for its own website in another section of the firm. It is a program that makes it easy to create your own Link directory!
One of the most unique features (beside unlimited sub-categories) is the option to create extra fields that can be used both in lists and in detailed page. You can for instance ask the user to answer a questions base on a dropdown menu.
Se our demo installation of PHP Links with data from Dmoz.org:
User: admin Password: admin
Live usage of PHP Links:
This site uses the script to manage it's listings. The design is NOT part of PHP Links, it is their own design customized using PHP Links template system.
Quick Features for PHP Links
- Easy installscript, installs the program in 10 minutes or less.
- User friendly admin area.
- Supports mod_rewrite (so you can have url like domain.com/Travel/Boats/Hawaii instead of ?catid=4)
- 100% Smarty template driven on user and adminside.
- User defined templates/language in seperate files for easy upgrade.
- Unlimited number of ExtraFields for Links! (Unique feature!, can have different fields per directory!)
- Unlimited number of categories and subcategories
- Listing of so many subs as you want.
- Unlimited image upload (for instance screenshots).
- Resize of all screenshots using GD.
- Members may submit Review of a Link.
- Guests may rate Links based on a scale.
- GD generated SecurityImage.
- Link Approval by default.
- Link Check tool.
- Google SiteMap generator (for better indexing).
- Yahoo! SiteMape generator (for better indexing).
- ODP Import into choosen directories.
- Anti-cheet system: All votes/reviews are logged with IP. User can´t vote more than once!
- RSS Feeds of ads in categories
- List over latest, best and most popular, also when you are in a subcategory!
- PHP Links requires GD if you want to be able to resize images.
- PHP 4.2 or later, works with PHP5.
- MySql 3.23 or later, works fine with MySQL 4.1.
- PHP setting Register_globals turned off for greater security.
- Webserver, either Apache, IIS or PWS.
The documentation for PHP Links is under construction, you can find the start of the documentation for it here: PHP Links. It will be improved within days. PHP Links is a completely new product, and that is why the manual isn't quite ready yet.
Quick Install Instructions
- Order PHP Links
- Go to Download area and click on PHP Links. Use your license code to get access to download.
- Unzip all files to a local directory.
- Upload all files to your webserver. Set chmod to 777 or 755 on PHP Links main dir and the admin dir inside of it. See manual for more information.
- Access install.php in browser to set it up and follow instructions given.
- Now, you can use your PHP Links directory.
When the company behind DeltaScripts was founded, it has one product: PHP Links. This had large success, and we started developing something called PHP Classifieds that had even greater success. Due to this, and time pressure, we stopped developing PHP Links.
Due to large changes in coding from that time, we started this version of PHP Links from scratch.