Topic: Status on this project

Hi all,

I do have a new webdesign ready in WordPress, I also have a completely new admin area for PHP Classifieds. I have been developing PHP Classifieds for another site we are running. But I see that I simply don't have the time or inspiration to focus on DeltaScripts just now.

I have done a huge mistake: I have made PHP Classifieds to complex to manage/develope. Listening to "everybodys" must-have feature. Having multi-everything, unlimited extra fields that can be used everywhere, upgrade friendly, blocks - it is always nice with new features, but it is simply making every line of code hard to code. Every time I have been ready to improve the script, I have been set back by the major task in front of me. In the end, it is all my fault. I have tried to please everybody, having an option for everyone.

I do still want to make a killer script - but I have to just say that it will not happen over night. So I ask that you do not wait for a new version. It might come, but then it is because I have found new motivation. It might even be from scratch, using only the best of what I have learned since the beginning. There is a lot of code used in this project that could help a lot. If I ever come back here, I will let all current license holders, from the beginning to now, get free version of it.

I'm sorry for having let you down! I have used many of my years while studying to this project and once it was a great source of income.

(PS: I have removed many of the demo-scripts because there are constantly people trying to upload virus and tools - I have also removed upload-features).

2 (edited by duquebilly 2015-01-07 21:11:40)

Re: Status on this project

Are, it`s not clear what`s gonna happen now... Here we go:

I do have a new webdesign ready in WordPress

PHPC will be available as a plugin or theme for WordPress?

I also have a completely new admin area for PHP Classifieds

Is that for PHPC 7.7 or what?

I have been developing PHP Classifieds for another site we are running

???

But I see that I simply don't have the time or inspiration to focus on DeltaScripts just now

So I ask that you do not wait for a new version. It might come, but then it is because I have found new motivation. It might even be from scratch

If I ever come back here

It`s not making any sense for me. Is this an official "good bye" or a "I will be back soon with news"? WTF is going on?

After all these years, I don`t really expect for something nice to come =/

anderson

Its been years since i last visited this site, or since i have been using phpclassifieds - and i am actually surpriced its still alive and evolving to some degree at all. All in a positive context. I just found myself bored and starting googling old stuff from memory.

At that time -ten/elleven years ago -i was at the very first years of learning php, and your scripts really teached me a lot ! Today i run my own company here in Norway, developing modern web based business applications. And you -Are -are amongst those that inspired me to learn php, dig mysql and explore all of the web stuff (for what its worth).

As to your lack of inspiration i can fully understand it, as the web has evolved by several centuries (web wise) since you first launched these products. And thinking back 10 or so years when i was using your scripts the dreaded and awful "web 2.0" term wasnt invented yet. So to rewrite this into a fully modern and perhaps object oriented PDO driven web application is a big task! BIG task! I must add that i dont know the current source code at all, but found a functions file that i looked info out of curiosity, and find its still pretty old tech if its still the one used in this application. But at that time it was up to standards! And there comes a time when patching old stuff isnt generating any more motivation, it kills your mojo!

So - what to do ?

I dont know how huge your user group is at the current time, and how evolved users are in source code developement, but to modernize and upgrade this alone -when running other main source of income business at the same time -is hard.

Rewrite from scratch is perhaps the better option, even if it still is a big task. But then you are in a possition to get rit of some old ghosts and call the old version "old version" and introduce a "new version" and make it more or less incompatible with all those "heavily customized" features found in the old versions. If you upgrade you will loose some features - thats life.

I wish you the best of luck, whatever the outcome might be!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

duquebilly: Sorry for the confusion. I just tried to say that I had all intentions about creating v7.7, but I see that it will not happen. No, there isn't a v7.7 ready or even planned. The wordpress-thing is actually deltascripts.com website, I have it running for testing on another site for testing - not PHP Classifieds.

Thank you for that alpine, nice to hear from previous users! smile

You are on to something. I will probably write something from scratch and try to avoid mistakes that I have done. There is  code in the project that is very cleaver written and can be carefully reused. I would probably don't go the object-oriented way, as I'm not a big fan. Today, there is a lot of pre-made tools/frameworks that shorten the time to write code, so that part is exiting. When I'm finished with my current developement-task (almost done), I will begin.

Hello, Are. Its nice to see you around again.

You said about write something from scratch... Is that related to PHPC? If it is, I`d love to hear from you any plans, even if its not in short term.

Best wishes,
Anderson

I'm working on multiple projects that will result in new versions of both PHP Classifieds and other products. The focus is on creating fast and simple interfaces that is more plain by default. In addition, we have backend-systems that lets us publish and maintain common code across multiple projects - this makes it easier to develope and maintain code. For instance, we are making a hosted solution for us internally, with a lot of usefull code that can be re-used in PHP Classifieds.

However, there are no plans for a release. It can take months or years. No promises! The only promise is that there will not be any update script as it is a total rewrite.

Are, it`s good to know that. I hope this project become a success!

If there is anything that I can help you with, like be a tester, code some html/css or just give a simple feedback, please let me know in pvt.

Good luck and best wishes from Brazil!
Anderson

Hello there,

I purchased the software earlier today and I have not yet received anything to download it. How long does it take to get a license? I see this software is quite dated. Is there anything with the same interface but more modern and with some support options?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry to hear that u have paid for this dead script.

I hope at least that Are (the developer) see this payment and send you the files... Anyway, PHPC is too outdated, I suggest you to use another classified script from a company that could provide you a nice support.

I am done with PHPC and I personally choose a WordPress premium plugin instead called "Classipress".

Good luck,
Anderson

That's too bad - they need to take the website down and stop selling it then. This is like fraud!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

11 (edited by cayman2016 2016-01-16 04:53:49)

Are - what gives? This is really poor service man! Come on. Please!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi,

I have answered this user directly the same day by email. I also told him (before he asked for refund) that the software isn't updated any more and that modern versions of PHP migth be problematic. I have already refunded the user.

Regarding taking the website down: There are users that feels this software does the job and thinks the code is easy to follow. But I'm not hiding the fact that the script is not updated.

I'm planning a huge comeback, as I also miss a good Classifieds-script for my own use. I have used WordPress-scripts for pet-classifieds, but the way ads is stored is very bad.

14 (edited by burcestoof 2016-04-01 13:38:14)

Great Job from your software.... smile

website design and development services

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I hope this project become  a successful project for your.

Garmin customer service

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I Am Happy From Your Project

I hope this project becomes a successful project for you.

Canon Printer Support

Thumbs up Thumbs down

17 (edited by tomshina 2018-06-20 22:32:59)

I Am Happy From Your Project

I hope this project becomes a successful project for you.

Very Good Project

Canon Customer Service

Thumbs up Thumbs down