Topic: Classifieds site hacked again

My site has been hacked again and plastered with the following message:

hacked by mr.h4z4rd

I can no longer login as Admin.

Help!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Classifieds site hacked again

Great support forum this is, time to look for alternative software methinks ...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Support is improving but still slow.

I would also like to know what to do in case my site is hacked and cannot log in my admin.
Should go into the Database directly?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

jploi wrote:

Support is improving but still slow.

I would also like to know what to do in case my site is hacked and cannot log in my admin.
Should go into the Database directly?

Empty the admin table through PHPMyAdmin, the default username and password will then be set when you bring up the admin login page.

AndyC

AndyC wrote:

Empty the admin table through PHPMyAdmin, the default username and password will then be set when you bring up the admin login page.

AndyC

Cheers - did this yesterday, it worked and enabled me to repair the damage the hacker has done.

This software seems to have more holes than a block of Swiss cheese and the support is non existent (the admin hasn't even deleted the spam from this thread) - so seeking a better classifieds solution is the only way forward for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Let me know if you find something better smile
I was thinking about noah classified

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i don't know why admins are not interest in this board sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Create a ticket: http://support.deltascripts.com/ I will help. Don't forget to provide me with all details: url, ftp access, access to phpMyAdmin.

Alex and I are answering tickets every day the latest months, and we are browsing this forum when we have time to spare... but it does sometimes take a few days before we detect a thread that requires us to help - the hole reason behind having a support forum is to let users help each other and we do try to be here as often as we can and take support issues where access is needed and we know license number in support tickets.

There are posted spam messages here almost every day, so it isn't easy to detect and delete every spam. So I can promise it will not be the last either; it requires either moderation of all posts (slowing support for everyone) or constantly browsing and reading every thread every time it is updated. The spam messages tries to be a look-a-like to normal posts and may not catch the eye at first glance. Anyhow, deleted now.

It's not worth to post here "My site has been hacked...". This information is nothing. You don't say your details, you don't say here what you modified in the code etc. How should we help in this situation? If you have any problem on your own please open a ticket. We will answer you quickly.

If your message was useful then It would be worth to answer and continue this topic. Otherwise I intend to close it.

Attacking a user who is asking for help with securing his site against hackers doesn't really seem to be the best form of PR....

AndyC

12 (edited by buksida 2011-12-08 11:10:52)

AlexG wrote:

It's not worth to post here "My site has been hacked...". This information is nothing. You don't say your details,

And posting my server details on an open forum is a good idea? I think it is just an invitation to get hacked again. If you'd read the OP you'd know that the hacker disabled my admin access which is why I was asking for help on the forum of the company that created the software.

AndyC, agree, I have used countless open source software packages and most have very good support forums and patches that you can install to prevent spammers and hackers attacking your website.

Sadly this one has neither which is why so many people are posting about spam and getting hacked.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

buksida wrote:

And posting my server details on an open forum is a good idea?

No. That's why open a ticket. We are monitoring tickets every day. And we are on the board in the spare time. I said that It's not worth to post such messages here because we will not reply quickly.

By the way I didn't receive any of your messages to ticket system. Why?

AndyC wrote:

Attacking a user who is asking for help with securing his site against hackers doesn't really seem to be the best form of PR....

AndyC

Nobody is attacking him. I just say that if you need quick help open a ticket. It's the best way to be helped quickly. As for me I don't understand the meaning of this thread.

Somebody said that his site is hacked and asked for help? How should I help if I don't know site name, url, what is installed above default version, what file & folder permissions are set and others. I've not even seen what is hacked and what is changed on the site. What was that message for? Probably I'm stupid and everyone here understand that. But I don't.

If I were that person I would write to help desk for help.

I suppose that buksida uses illegal version of PHP Classifieds which has many holes. Such nulled versions are distributed for so many guys who are thinking how to save some money and not thinking about the future.

Of course we will not help the person who didn't pay for license and was hacked because used illegal version. We are not in charge of hacker's holes.

If you use legal version please don't hesitate to ask for help. We will help you shortly.

Open a ticket here: http://support.deltascripts.com/

That's right : Alex is right ....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

16 (edited by buksida 2011-12-10 06:22:49)

To quote myself: "time to look for alternative software I think".

How can an older version of this program be deemed "illegal", no law was broken if it was downloaded from this website before this company decided to make everyone pay for the program.

Admin: if this is your attitude do us all a favor and close this forum - it is useless.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

PHP Classifieds never was free. If you use illegal copy then you agree with all risks. I'm sorry but in this case nobody can help you. It's on your own.

I think it's not worth to continue this useless topic. I close it.